During its spring grant cycle, the Republic County Community Foundation awarded over $68,000 to 17 projects throughout Republic County. The following organizations received funding:
- City of Narka, $5,000 to replace playground equipment.
- City of Courtland, $4,000 to fund additional basketball goals for Courtland Mini Park.
- USD 426, $2,568.52 to add landscaping to the Pike Valley High School outdoor classroom.
- USD 426, $1,667.38 to purchase equipment for digital media and graphic design pathways.
- Belleville Ball Association, $2,300 for funding the cost of purchasing and installing sound systems at the Lions ball field and the Legion ball field.
- City of Belleville, $3,600 to replace the old baseball scoreboard at the top ball field.
- High Banks Hall of Fame, $2,600 to purchase a set of ten communication radios.
- Belleville Main Street, $2,936 to replace the vinyl wrapping on the four ‘Welcome to Belleville’ billboards that greet travelers entering Belleville.
- Republic County Historical Society, $8,506.95 to help repair the Blosser Gallery Porch and Blacksmith Shop of the Republic County Historical Museum.
- Republic County Hospital, $8,039 to purchase Free Motion Dual Cable Cross, Exercise Treatment Table, and Precor Upright Bike for the Courtland Outreach Physical Therapy Clinic.
- Pawnee Mental Health Services, Inc., $500 to help support the Agriculture Assistance Program.
- USD 426, $4,947.93 to purchase outdoor playground equipment for the Pike Valley Preschool.
- Belleville Main Street, $2,401.95 for purchasing Christmas Lights for the Rocky Pond Light Display.
- Blair Center for the Arts Foundation, $4,900 to support the Free Friday Movie Program during summer.
- Belleville Public Library, $3,000 to assist in repairing a damaged part of the roof.
- Republic County, $6,665 to help create a permanent director for the Riverview Cemetery.
- USD 426, $5,000 to help purchase instruments for the elementary and high school buildings.
This round of grants was made possible by the community foundation’s Dane G. Hansen Community Grant Fund and the Republic County Community Action Fund. The foundation’s next grant cycle opens July 15, with online applications due September 15, 2021. For more information, visit http://republiccountycf.org/search-apply-for-agrant/ .ce the utility is built.