Courtland, Kansas is located one mile south of US Highway 36 via Highway 199. Courtland is an active community that takes pride in maintaining its small town lifestyle.
Courtland’s supportive business district includes a restored Courtland Arts Center and coffee shop. Its rich agriculture heritage is evident with the citizen’s strong work ethic. Community members renovate downtown buildings and organize events under Courtland Pride Club that is part of the Kansas PRIDE designation.
Courtland punches above its population of 275 with a variety of offerings. It is an ag focused community located in the middle of the Kansas Bostwick Irrigation District surrounded by canals that deliver water from the Republican River by way of nearby Lovewell Lake. Some attractions that bring people to town are:
- Courtland Fun Day, always the last Saturday in July bringing 3,000 friends, alumni, and family to town.
- Depot Market which is not your garden variety train station. Selling locally raised produce, melons, pumpkins, ice cream, and more.
- Pinky’s Bar & Grill is a legendary staple to the community with burgers and cold beverages
- Soul Sister Ceramics for a paint-your-own-pottery escape and boutique shopping.
- A lunch serving antique shop called AnTeaQues that will remind you of Grandma’s kitchen
- The Courtland Arts Center holds monthly events for patrons.
- Courtland City Pool, Mini-Park on Main Street, and the City Park with ball fields and volleyball courts.
- Lodging can be found right on Main Street at Heartland Gamebirds’ new downtown loft.
- Hunters come back season after season for whitetail deer, turkey, waterfowl, and upland bird hunting on leased or public lands like Jamestown Marsh.
Courtland At a Glance
View Larger Map
ZIP Code 66939
Latitude: 39.78 N
Longitude: 97.90 W
Pike Valley Unified School District #426
- Republic County Courthouse 785-527-5691, 1815 M Street, Belleville
- Republic County Commissioner –Meetings every Monday- Republic County Courthouse
- Courtland City Office – 403 Main Street, Courtland 785-374-4260
- Courtland City Council – Meetings every first Wednesday of the month
- Courtland Arts Center
- Courtland Community Library
- Courtland Municipal Swimming Pool
- Jamestown Wildlife Area – Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Hiking, Wildlife Viewing – see map
- Retreat Log Cabin and Snow Goose Lodge – Log Cabin Retreats, Bed & Breakfast, Motel – see map
- Hunting and Fishing
- Lovewell Lake and State Park
- U.S. Highway 36 Treasure Hunt
Prairie Land Electric Cooperative
Kansas Gas Service
Water, Sewer & Trash Pickup
City of Courtland- Contact City Office
Cable Television, Telephone, & Internet
Nex-Tech, Rural Telephone Company