Courtland, Kansas Release January 3rd, 2022
Rural residents of North Central Kansas will now have increased access to quality health-related services, resources and education provided by local clinicians.
Pivotal Health & Wellness Inc, a nonprofit community-based center, is opening its doors to the public on January 18th, 2022 at their location on 314 Main Street, Courtland, KS.
Equipped with a fitness center, resource center and physical therapy clinic, Pivotal Health & Wellness hopes to build a stronger community physically, mentally and emotionally across the lifespan through compassionate, individualized care and services.
Founder Bethany Wallin and business partner Robin Carlson are invested in changing the trajectory of health and well-being within rural settings one individual at a time. By improving the access to essential resources and services, their hope is to shift the traditional healthcare model from “sick care” to “preventive care”. Pivotal Health & Wellness will provide the following services and will continue to add services as the need arises throughout the community.
- Access to high-quality fitness equipment to promote a healthy and active lifestyle
- Individualized fitness programs and group fitness classes
- Specialized physical therapy services delivered with compassionate care in a safe environment
- Health education across the lifespan
- Chronic disease risk reduction and self-management
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle choices and local support groups
- Increased awareness and use of existing local services and providers
- Collaboration with area schools, hospitals, organizations, churches and local/state agencies
- Improved access to health information across rural populations
- Durable medical equipment loaner closet
Both Wallin and Carlson have practiced their specific disciplines within the rural and urban settings and bring over 25 years of combined healthcare experience to this rural and underserved community. They also bring with them multiple generations of family roots, which helps to provide a unique perspective on community needs to assist with the challenges of a dynamic healthcare system. Rural community hearts with big city resources ensure that Pivotal Health & Wellness will soon become this area’s model towards a proactive shift in the management of our health and well-being.
Pivotal Health & Wellness will kick-off with a grand opening on January 18th, 2022 at their location on 314 Main St, Courtland, KS. Please come and learn more about what Pivotal Health & Wellness can offer you and your family! Follow us on Facebook or online at pivotalhealthwellness.org.