Republic County Economic Development is hosting a Landlord / Tenant Educational Meeting for renters, landlords, and prospective property owners. The meeting will be held at the Belleville City Office tentatively scheduled for Wednesday July 24th, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. This event is sponsored by Realty Associates and Roger Novak – Real Estate.
- Screening Standards
- Kansas Landlord and Tenant Law Overview
- What should & should not be included in a lease
- Lead Based Paint
- Security Deposits
- Move-in Inspections
- Landlord and Tenant Rights/Responsibilities
- Guests (who stay)
- Service Members Civil Relief Act
- Non-compliance of Notices
- Non-payment of rent
- 30 – Day Termination Notices
- Abandonment of Lease and Household Items
- Lawful and Unlawful Eviction
- Small Claims Court
RCED will have a presentation on the best practices for managing residential rentals and overview on recent economic development regarding housing. This will be an opportunity to learn how to protect your property as well as learn more about Kansas landlord & tenant laws. With the recent economic development and job growth in the county the demand for housing will become even more significant. Learn how you can how you can protect your realty investment here in Republic County.
For more information regarding this meeting contact RCED at 785-374-3047 or email email@example.com.