Rural housing is a challenge for many counties in Kansas who have the potential to realize any population growth. Republic County has seen growth in manufacturing, small business ventures, expansion in healthcare services, and investment in local school districts. In that same time many towns have done great work in removing blight and clearing lots for future development. We struggle to develop new housing options for renters, first time home buyers, home builders, and elderly housing options.
Thurs, February 21st – Kansas House Rural Revitalization Committee
Informational briefing: Rural Housing
- Lynne Hinrichsen, USDA Rural Development
- Cherise Tieben, City Manager of Dodge City
- Matt Gillam, Vice President of Development for Overland Property Group and Vice Presidentof Kansas Housing Association, Inc.
- Emily Sharp, Communications Director, Kansas Housing Resources Corporation
- Fred Bentley, Director of Rental Allocation, Kansas Housing Resources Corporation
estimony on Rural Housing – http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00287/Harmony/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20190221/-1/6191#info_
Browse other committees and testimony audio files here – http://sg001-harmony.sliq.net/00287/Harmony/en/View/Calendar/20190228/-1