Fort Hays State University invites employers interested in hosting a student intern to apply for the FHSU/Dane G. Hansen Internship Program.
Through a generous grant from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation, 25 internships are available for the 2020-21 academic year (spring or summer). FHSU will partner with an employer in the Hansen Foundation’s 26-county service area to create a part-time internship experience for a student. The employer pays $500 toward the student’s wages, and the remaining funding is through the Hansen grant.
Both employers and students will be chosen through a competitive selection process.
Other details include:
- Employers in these counties are eligible to apply:
- An employer may apply more than one semester/term for an internship, but the typical award will be for one term to allow more businesses and students to participate in the program.
- Employers will be notified within ten business days after the application deadline if they have been selected for the program.
- A participating employer must sign an MOA indicating agreement with the terms of the internship.
- The employer must pay the $500 match for the student’s employment within 30 days of receiving an invoice.
- Students will apply through FHSU for the internships. FHSU Career Services will screen student applications and provide assistance in matching interns and employers.
- The student intern works at the employer’s place of business but is paid through Fort Hays State University. For a spring internship, the student will work approximately 240 total hours. Summer interns may work up to 300 hours.
- The employer must complete a student evaluation form at the conclusion of the internship.
Visit https://www.fhsu.edu/career/intern/hansen to apply. The application deadline is September 18, 2020.CAREER SERVICES