Although phone carriers say Kansas is covered with reliable, fast cell phone coverage, we know that isn’t true.
Kansas Farm Bureau (KFB) was recently granted a waiver from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to challenge the legitimacy of coverage maps from various major cellular carriers in Kansas.
Although phone carriers say nearly all of Kansas is covered with reliable, fast cell phone coverage, we know that isn’t true. Help us get the cell phone coverage you deserve no matter where you are in Kansas by running speed tests throughout the state.
How to run the speed test:
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone, or the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Search for “FCC Speed Test”
- The correct app has this icon :
- Proceed to install the app.
A valid speed test must meet these requirements:
Run the test between 6 a.m. and midnight
Turn off WiFi
Make sure you are outside and away from a building or vehicle
Enable GPS or Location Services
2. Run a Speed Test
- Open the FCC Speed Test app.
- Click “Run Now”.
- If you receive a pop-up that says, “Data Cap Exceeded” select “OK”.
- If you receive a pop-up asking you enable location services, select “Allow”.
- Select “All” when asked what type of test you want to run.
- The test is complete when the spinning icon on the right disappears. On iPhone press “Done”. On Android press the “back” arrow.
3. Send the results to KFB
- Run as many tests during the day as you want in as many locations as possible and send them all together in the evening.
- On the main screen, click on the icon on the top right (iPhone: gear; Android: three dots)
- Select “Export Results” and hit “OK” when asked to confirm that you want to export archived results.
- Android Only: Be sure to send the export to email. If you have multiple email accounts connected on your phone, select the one you want to send the email from when given the choice.
- When the new email screen appears, send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Press “send”.