FHSU/DANE G. HANSEN INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 18TH
Fort Hays State University invites employers interested in hosting a student intern to apply for the FHSU/Dane G. Hansen Internship Program.
Through a generous grant from the Dane G. Hansen Foundation, 25 internships are available for the 2020-21 academic year (spring or summer). FHSU will partner with an employer in the Hansen Foundation’s 26-county service area to create a part-time internship experience for a student. The employer pays $500 toward the student’s wages, and the remaining funding is through the Hansen grant.
Both employers and students will be chosen through a competitive selection process.
Other details include:
- Employers in these counties are eligible to apply:
- An employer may apply more than one semester/term for an internship, but the typical award will be for one term to allow more businesses and students to participate in the program.
- Employers will be notified within ten business days after the application deadline if they have been selected for the program.
- A participating employer must sign an MOA indicating agreement with the terms of the internship.
- The employer must pay the $500 match for the student’s employment within 30 days of receiving an invoice.
- Students will apply through FHSU for the internships. FHSU Career Services will screen student applications and provide assistance in matching interns and employers.
- The student intern works at the employer’s place of business but is paid through Fort Hays State University. For a spring internship, the student will work approximately 240 total hours. Summer interns may work up to 300 hours.
- The employer must complete a student evaluation form at the conclusion of the internship.
Visit https://www.fhsu.edu/career/intern/hansen to apply. The application deadline is September 18, 2020.
NEXGEN ROUNDUP FOR YOUTH INTERNSHIP – DEADLINE OCTOBER 1ST
Nex-Generation is now seeking business applications through October 1 for next year’s summer internships. We continue to see tremendous growth in this program, both in participation and impact. This summer 75 businesses hosted 97 interns – our largest year ever! As a result of their summer experiences, students are making choices about their future and are being encouraged to remain in the area. Please help us spread the word within your communities so that we can continue to reach more and more students in the northwest and north central Kansas region with amazing, paid, hands-on internships.
Attached for your use are the Internship Program Overview and Internship Business Application forms. You may forward these to any business or organization within the 28 counties we serve. The forms are also available on our website: www.nex-generation.org/internships. We will accept business applications through October 1. (Once we have determined the positions that will be available, we will post the applications using the ConnectNWK platform from January 1 – March 1 for students to apply. To be eligible, students must be in college or high school (age 16+). Details about the student application process are included in the Program Overview.)
We value your partnership in serving the youth and communities in our region. Thank you for your assistance – and, by the way, you may also apply!
Jacque R. Beckman
Nex-Generation Round Up for Youth, Inc.
145 N. Main, PO Box 158
Lenora, KS 67645